- 10-8 Professional Development Day – No School
- 10-9 Statewide In-service Day – No School
- 10-14 Sherwood School District Board Meeting, Virtually – 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- 10-15 Great Oregon Shake out, 10:15 a.m.
- 10-29 Conferences 4:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- 10-30 Conferences 8:00 – 12:00 p.m.
- Back to School Night: We apologize to all who tried to join the Back to School Night message from Administrators last evening and couldn’t. We were able to record the meeting, however, and will put it on the SMS website. We apologize for the confusion this must have caused. The Zoom meeting with the counselors has also been recorded and will be put on the SMS website The Zoom meetings by teachers should not have reached the limit allowing all who tried to join.
- Yearbook: Those families who have pre-purchased a 2019-20 yearbook from either SMS or LRMS may pick them up during the Supply Pick Up today. If you cannot make that time, please arrange a time to pick up your yearbook by calling the front office.
- CDL Daily Class Schedule: Click here
- SMS School Supply Lists:
- Student Fees have not yet been posted online. Once they are, you will be able to pay via ParentVue or by sending a check to SMS. All fees have been lowered or eliminated due to the constraints presented by distance learning.
- Student Meals: Nutrition Services and Transportation have partnered to provide free meals to students. Here is some basic information to answer any parent questions we are getting.
- In order for your student(s) to receive meals, you will need to register using our order form, found here. Please stay tuned for additional information about meal delivery routes and hub hours.
- We have meal hubs at all 6 schools. Students who do not live within a walk zone of any Sherwood School will receive their meals delivered on bus routes.
- We can offer free meals to anyone 18 years or younger. They do not need to be registered in our District.
- Students may pick up meals at a school they do not attend if the closest school to them is not their school of attendance.
- All meals are the same no matter what school they pick up from.
- Meal hub hours are 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. M-F, on school days. Bus routes meal wills be delivered in the afternoon after the school day ends. We are providing breakfast and lunch in every meal bag.
- Families getting bus delivery will receive a phone call from transportation. Families picking up at schools will receive an email letting them know which school.
- Meals can be picked up from any school. If the parent would prefer to pick up from a different school than what they were assigned, have them contact transportation.
- Our plan is to provide meals to all students while in CDL/Hybrid/ Sherwood Cloud Campus.
If you have any questions about bus route meal delivery, please contact transportation.
If you have questions about Meal Hubs please email Kelly Rood or Lazanne Ward Mustain
- Technology Hub: Please click here
- Video Folder for students/families – Please click here. SMS teachers have created tutorial videos for students and families for our frequently used tech. tools including Synergy, Canvas, and Zoom. Please also know that teachers spend time in the first weeks of school helping students become familiar navigating these tools as well
- Accessing Canvas: This requires a ParentVue account. If you do not have a ParentVue account, please contact the front office at 503-825-5500.
- Zoom & Canvas Features: Here is a link to one of the Parent Zoom meetings held last night, Sept. 10th.
- ParentVue & StudentVue: If you are a parent of a new student or an incoming 6th grader and would like to set-up your ParentVUE, please call Stacy Holloway at 503-825-5512 for your activation key.
- To contact the SSD IT helpdesk email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Username & Password: Student usernames and passwords were emailed directly to families on Thursday by the Tech. Dept. Please contact technology (email@example.com or 503-825-5050) if you run into problems.
- Sherwood Cross Country is offering a modified middle school cross country season starting Monday, Sept. 21st (Smoke permitting). Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grader in Sherwood may participate. All abilities are welcome. Practices are Monday – Thursday, 4:15 to 5:15 at the SMS track. Register at Sherwoodtrack.com. Click on the Middle School Cross Country link. Masks and social distancing are enforced during practice.
For families who need support in getting school supplies, contact your school counselor. Your student is assigned to a counselor based upon their last name. The breakdown is as follows:
Jenny Wihtol (A – Go) firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-825-5525
Ted Homenick (Gr – N) email@example.com, 503-825-5529
Jammie Taylor (O – Z) firstname.lastname@example.org., 503-825-5528
A Message from our Parent Support Organization (PSO)
Our name has changed! We are officially the Sherwood Middle School Parent Support Organization. Please take a minute to update your Amazon Smile charity and bookmark our web address for next fall http://www.smspso.org.
- Here is a link to instructions for accessing Canvas. This requires a ParentVue account. If you do not have a ParentVue account, please contact the front office at 503-825-5500.
Marianne Funderhide, Principal
(503) 825-5400 * FAX (503) 825-5401