- 9-30 SMS PSO Meeting, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- 10-8 Professional Development Day – No School
- 10-9 Statewide Inservice Day – No School
- 10-14 Sherwood School District Board Meeting, Virtually – 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- 10-15 Great Oregon Shake out, 10:15 a.m.
- 10-29 Conferences 4:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- 10-30 Conferences 8:00 – 12:00 p.m.
- 11-7 SHS Booster Club Auction 6:45 p.m. preview
- Back to School Night Follow-up:
- CDL Daily Class Schedule: Click here
- Student Accident and Sickness Insurance is now available. Please click here for more information. (Spanish)
- Supply Pick Up: There are several math books and other items that have not been picked up by families. Please contact the front office at 503-825-5500 to schedule a time to pick up your student’s items. The office team is working to put the remaining supplies together for delivery by the transportation department next week for those students living in the bus zone. A parent or student must be at the bus stop at the designated time to receive these items. Students who live in the walk zone, however, are not eligible for this delivery option and will need to pick up their items at SMS.
- Yearbook: Those families who have pre-purchased a 2019-20 yearbook from either SMS or LRMS may arrange a pickup time by calling the front office at 503-825-5500.
- Elective fees have been posted to your student’s account. You are now able to pay via ParentVue or by sending a check to SMS. All fees have been lowered or eliminated due to the constraints presented by distance learning.
- Student Meals: Starting Monday, September 28th, there will be a morning Meal Hub open from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at each school in addition to original lunch time Meal Hub from 10:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Technology Hub: Please click here
- Video Folder for students/families – Please click here. SMS teachers have created tutorial videos for students and families for our frequently used tech. tools including Synergy, Canvas, and Zoom. Please also know that teachers spend time in the first weeks of school helping students become familiar navigating these tools as well
- Accessing Canvas: This requires a ParentVue account. If you do not have a ParentVue account, please contact the front office at 503-825-5500.
- Zoom & Canvas Features: Here is a link to one of the Parent Zoom meetings held Sept. 10th.
- ParentVue & StudentVue: If you are a parent of a new student or an incoming 6th grader and would like to set-up your ParentVUE, please call Stacy Holloway at 503-825-5512 for your activation key.
- To contact the SSD IT helpdesk email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Username & Password: Student usernames and passwords were emailed directly to families on Thursday by the Tech. Dept. Please contact technology (email@example.com or 503-825-5050) if you run into problems.
For families who need support in getting school supplies, contact your school counselor. Your student is assigned to a counselor based upon their last name. The breakdown is as follows:
Jenny Wihtol (A – Go) firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-825-5525
Ted Homenick (Gr – N) email@example.com, 503-825-5529
Jammie Taylor (O – Z) firstname.lastname@example.org., 503-825-5528
A Message from our Parent Support Organization (PSO)
Dear SMS Families:
The Parent Support Organization PSO would like to welcome you to a new year at our school. For those of you who are unfamiliar with us, we are a volunteer organization made up of parents, teachers, administrators, and support staff who are all dedicated to the successful education of our children. The PSO works hard to help make the school year both enjoyable and exciting for students, teachers, and parents.
We are here to help students and staff by providing support for educational and recreational needs; to promote open communication between administration, teachers, and parents/guardians and to encourage Sherwood Middle School spirit and pride. The PSO uses its resources, both manpower and monetary, to support the efforts of the staff and to provide learning and enrichment opportunities for our children.
We are looking forward to meeting families, parents/guardians, and grandparents that would like to get involved with our PSO this school year. Everything we do is based on volunteers and we are looking to you to help make a difference in the lives of our children. Every parent/guardian is already a member of the PSO and we encourage you to get involved! Come to meetings. Read the minutes. Give us your thoughts. Jump in and help. Ask questions. Donate what you can. Everyone is busy, but finding a little time to help contribute to your child’s educational experience will be rewarding for you and for them. It is a wonderful investment that will produce lasting benefits. If you are able to give some time, day or evenings, at school or from home, please join us! Many hands make the job easier. Every hour helps!
Help us make the 2020-21 a great school year! We will need as many volunteers as possible and are flexible enough to work around your schedule. Our group will meet monthly to discuss events, field trips and plan fundraisers to enhance all programs. This is a wonderful way to find out what is happening at our school from the PSO’s perspective and to share new ideas.
We in the PSO believe that it is so important that we all do everything we can to enhance the learning environment of our children as they truly are our future. It will take all of us working together to make this happen. We hope you will share your thoughts and ideas and help make this a wonderful year at Sherwood Middle School You can always reach us at smspso.org or find us on Facebook.
We look forward to seeing you at school, meetings, events, and fundraisers. We look forward to getting to know you!
Tiffany MacDonald, PSO President
****Please join our next PSO meeting, details below!
Tiffany MacDonald is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: PSO, September Meeting, 2020
Time: Sep 30, 2020 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 807 188 5923
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,8071885923#,,,,,,0#,,945504143# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,8071885923#,,,,,,0#,,945504143# US (Houston)
Smile charity and bookmark our web address for next fall http://www.smspso.org.
- Here is a link to instructions for accessing Canvas. This requires a ParentVue account. If you do not have a ParentVue account, please contact the front office at 503-825-5500.
Marianne Funderhide, Principal
(503) 825-5400 * FAX (503) 825-5401